Standard Chartered KL Marathon, one of THE biggest running events in Malaysia, celebrated its 10th anniversary today by launching 10 NEW features!
1. Introduction of participation history – Runners can now check out their participation history through SCKLM’s official website. It would be interesting to see your progress if you started out in the 5KM category and moved up to the Full Marathon over the years!
2. Kids Dash timing chips
3. Standalone Kids Dash – The kids get their own event, held a day earlier (7th April 2018).
4. SCKLM Juggernauts – If you’ve run all 10 editions, you get your own personalised running tee AND you can customise your bib numbers!
5. Introduction of VIP Package – You can opt to purchase this package, which gives you access to the VIP area with a breakfast buffet, VIP baggage drop off + priority race pack collection, and a Brooks polo tee + track pants.
6. Motivational signs – You can send in your fav quote. The best 20 will be displayed along the Full Marathon route with YOUR name on it! GET TO IT!
7. Option to choose running tee with or without sleeves – This is my favourite one! I like tees with sleeves. Haaaaa!
8. Special commemorative finisher medals
9. Introduction of a new feature within the SCKLM app – New photo feature that captures your running moments and loads them to the app. Don’t forget to SMILE!
10. New full and half marathon routes
SCKLM2018 Sponsors – Ashty Lee (Marketing Manager, Seiko), Sait Aching (Event & Admin Executive, Pacific Regency Hotel Group), Rainer Biemans, Khairul Anuar bin Mohd. Juri, Abrar A. Anwar, ShenLi Hew (PR and Communications, Lucozade) and Victor Tiew (Brand Manager, Brooks)
Catching up with fellow runners – William Lim and Teck Wai.
Just FYI, William will be the official 3:45 hr Full Marathon pacer. 😉
With Muhaizar, SCKLM’s three time champ and Sea Games 2017 bronze medallist!
There are so many things to look out for! Registrations are officially open! Hurry! Slots are filling up REAL QUICK!
*Edit: Registrations are now closed!*